Founder & Chairman – LeasePLUS Group of Companies
Recently a LinkedIn contact working in the Health industry approached me to ask what other Salary Packaging software options are available in the market.
If you currently use the same tired, inflexible and uninspiring software as many others in the market place, I recommend you read on!
For many years software providers have provided the same old and clunky salary packaging software to its clients and ignored the need to upgrade the look, feel and functionality of its product. My LinkedIn contact was told that their software was being refreshed, however it will come at a cost through significant higher licencing costs. The alternative is….. well… there isn’t an alternative because the current version which they have been using and putting up with for so many years is no longer going to be supported. Or the other alternative given to my LinkedIn contact was to have the same company providing the software, outsource the whole salary packaging administration function – how convenient!
This doesn’t seem very fair does it? Clients who have been patient and loyal over many years supporting software that hasn’t met expectations, are now being forced to pay more or get out!
If the story above relates to you, there is now an alternative – MySalPack.
The MySalPack software is a web based solution to facilitate the processing and reporting of salary packaging in the Corporate, Rebatable, Public Hospital and Not-for-Profit employment sectors. The functional aspects of the MySalPack software is to support the business by automating the processing of data efficiently and accurately while meeting all regulatory and compliance requirements.
One of the significant strengths of MySalPack is the MyKiosk customer portal that delivers live data and information to employees about their salary packaging account on both their desktops and mobile devices.
This is achieved by understanding the specific requirements of the various organisations within each industry sector. MySalPack has the capability of supporting both the outsourced as well as the in-house solutions, integrating robust security, audit and importantly flexible reporting capabilities.
- Ability to calculate Meal Entertainment and show the share of saving and admin as a separate line item.
- To incorporate direct data feeds through file transfer protocol from Payroll to take into account specified factors for calculating an employee’s package.
- Uploaded files are produced in the correct format for loading into Payroll and includes an adjustment file for any changes.
- Automation of banking details can be loaded from Payroll to reduce manual entry, reducing error rates and improving productivity and compliance.
- Detailed evidence register that updates automatically when a package is entered or copied from a previous year.
- Efficient reporting tools including payroll reconciliation after each pay.
- Easier access to updating of tax rates, benefit items, cost centre and facility lists, pay periods and banking.
- On-line calculators for General, Novated Leasing, GST worksheets plus many more features, that can be emailed, saved and printed.
- Form letters can be produced based on criteria, including the bulk send out of renewal letters each year.
- Novated Leasing functionality with the ability to interface to external systems if required.
The team behind MySalPack is a Australian company called SafeCode who can provide you with further information and demonstrate the software.
phone 1300 20 82 77